11 December 2010

Treasure chest: All dolled up.

picnikfile_azzjIG
In my dreams I step out in head-to-toe Western wear. In my reality I'm slowly building a collection to wear and admire. I recently came across seven bow ties in a rainbow of colours and decorations, worthy of inclusion in How the West Was Worn. These Western bow ties, also known as a 'Colonel ties' and 'ribbon ties', were most likely worn by a square dancer. With one for every day of the week, I'm looking forward to clipping them into my favourite blouses - special occasion or not.

10 comments:

Vrederun said...

These are lovely!! I could see them on Etsy.com . . .
Stacye

Fashion Forestry said...

Oh my god ! love you!

Cait said...

I am head over heels in love with these. I want them all!

Dakota C. Walsh said...

I love these!! They'll add just the right amount of Country-Western without getting too costumey.
Honestly, in my dreams I wear a sequin splashed Nudie skirt suit out on the town every night...

Two For Tea said...

I desperately desperately want at least four of these! Please!

<3 Cambria
http://twoforteaplease.blogspot.com/

Love_Again said...

love these! especially the first bunch pictured!

A.n.E said...

I think I died and went to heaven at the sight of these! Where can I find these?? Wonderful

Jessica said...

Thanks so much ladies, I am pretty smitten with them myself. I'm gonna hold onto them (all of them, sorry!) for now, but with any luck I will come across some more for you all.

p.s. I found them at Salvation Army. I won't tell you how much they were.. .! Might make it worse. ;-)

Rizie said...

These are awesome! I want one!

Sarah said...

omg, i love this post!!! the first grouping is especially amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails