14 August 2009

oh, henry! (re-visited)

lately i've been a bit homesick for down-home summers. on my birthday (more on that soon i promise!) i tried my hardest to bring a bit of ol' carolina to north london, but the rain stepped in. this week, though, mister weather has graced us with air nearly as hot and sticky (minus the mosquitoes thankfully!) as i'm sure it is back home.
just sticky enough to bring out two of my favourite henry finds: a feedsack blouse and cotton skirt, both hand-made and from the 1940s. and both with a few bumps and bruises, snags and spots, that only make me love them that much more.
oh, henry! i wonder what adventures you've gotten up to, how many bottles you've found and what you've got in the back of that truck! o to be there. . .

7 comments:

Frances Baker said...

That is just about the cutest little blouse I've ever seen!

catherine_sr. said...

What a cool blouse and an awesome outfit.

Q's Daydream said...

love the outfit!

I know how it is to miss southern summers. I'm from MD and always spent summers in NC. I lived in Maine the last 5 years and it was so different! I know Maine isn't as far as England, but the don't call it New England for nothing :o)

Cant wait to hear about your bday!

calivintage said...

oh so many things! i love your hair! and the feedsack blouse is so pretty and the matching vintage skirt, too! how nice!

corrie said...

You're adorable! Just found your blog and totally loving it.

jessica said...

thank you all very much - we'll see how long the heat wave lasts.

Q's daydream:: i bet new england summers are just as dreamy as southern ones.

Meaghan Kelly said...

what a perfect outfit for a heat wave!

Related Posts with Thumbnails